Kelly Willis, MSN, MBA-HM
Updated: Feb 18, 2020
5 Key Points to Servant Leadership
1. Value people: Value people for who they are, not just what they can do.
2. Humility: Do not promote yourself, instead create leaders on your work area.
3. Listen: Listen to everything your team has to say, and do this in a non judgmental way. "A leader that doesn't listen will be surrounded by staff that have nothing to say."
4. Trust: Trust your team to do their jobs. Do not micromanage every step, let them do their job.
5. Care: Care for your teammates. Is someone having a bad day?, Sick? Care for them, ask them how they are feeling, doing, and if there is anything you can help with.
Recommended book on servant leadership (I receive a small commission for your visit to the below link, if you purchase the below book, or anything else from Amazon)
Servant Leadership in Action: How You Can Achieve Great Relationships and Results. This is a great book for those interested in a deep dive into servant leadership, by Ken Blanchard & Renee Broadwell. Highly recommended!